How it all started...

DOCUMENT OF ORGANIZATION OF RMBC
(Translation)
IN THE NAME OF GOD
1905 the 12th of June, on Pentecost Monday, the undersigned, on the basis of the Holy Scriptures and the Confession of Faith of the Mennonite Brethren Church of North America, have organized themselves formally as an independent Church within the General Conference of the above mentioned Church.
Signatures:
Dietrich T.  Enns                    Margarette Enns
J. P.  Kliewer                              Margarethe Kliewer
D. M. Enns                                  
P.  D.  Enns                                  Katie Enns
In 1870, the new Russian ruler, Alexander II, revoked the privilege of military exemption, and many Mennonite families immigrated to various places in the United States and Canada. In 1904 some of the families from the Midwest settled in Reedley.  An organizational meeting was held at the home of P. T. Harms on June 12, 1905 marking the official beginning of the Reedley Mennonite Brethren Church. The first RMBC building was constructed on the corner of 14th & L and was dedicated on January 31, 1909 with Elder Abraham Schellenberg as guest speaker. 

                          Expanding the vision...

Come Be Part of Our Story...